Here, you can find the software of an implementation of the snake model introduced in “V. Caselles, R. Kimmel, and G. Sapiro. Geodesic active contours. International Journal of Computer Vision, 22:61--79, 1997”. In the next figure we illustrate the way the algorithm works
From left to right and from up to down: (i) Original image with the original contour. (ii)-(vi) illustration of the contour evolution.
In the tar file ami_snake.tar.gz you can find the files :
1. ami_snake.pdf: a PDF document with a description of the algorithm.
2. ami_snake.h : A library with the source C-code of the ami_snake() function.
3. XMWami_snake.h : A library with the source C-code of the ami_snake() function including graphic windows interface functions of the XMegaWave Software
4. XMWami_snake.c: The source code of the graphic-window interface in the XMegaWave Software of the ami_group
5. XMWami_snake: A compiled version of XMW_ami_snake.c (in the case you do not want to install XMegaWave)
6. ami.h: an auxiliary file with some macros used by ami_snake() function.
7. plane.img : A test image